AGENDA FOR CITY COMMISSION MEETING NO. 2014-31
DATE/TIME: July 24, 2014 7:00 P.M.
LOCATION: Coconut Creek Government Center Regular X 4800 West Copans Road Workshop
Coconut Creek, Florida Special
1. Call meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: 2014-27 (Regular) 6/26/14
2014-28 (Budget Workshop) 6/23/14
5. PROCLAMATIONS: None
Recognition of the City as a Gold Fit Friendly Worksite by Chris Gentile, Sr. Director of the American Heart Association for the Greater Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.
Presentation of Citizen Life Saving award by Margate-Coconut Creek Fire Chief Franklin Edwards to George Lorenzo and Gary Hooper.
7. INPUT FROM RESIDENTS OF COCONUT CREEK: Three (3) minutes per resident on non-agenda items.
8. CITY MANAGER REPORT
9. CITY ATTORNEY REPORT
10. COMMISSION COMMUNICATIONS
11. MOTION TO ADOPT an ordinance approving the “Lyons Commons Plat” generally located at 3850 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073, containing 7.142 acres more or less. (ORDINANCE NO. 2014 – 011- SECOND READING) (PUBLIC HEARING) (QUASI-JUDICIAL)
12. MOTION TO ADOPT a resolution invoking the “Zoning in Progress” doctrine regarding the use of e-cigarettes. (RESOLUTION NO. 2014-46)
13. MOTION TO ADOPT a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute the First Amendment to the Interlocal Agreement between Broward County and the City for HOME FY 12-13 funds to provide for a one year extension. (RESOLUTION NO. 2014-47)
14. MOTION TO ADOPT a resolution of the City of Coconut Creek, Florida urging the 2014 Gubernatorial Candidates to oppose horizontal oil drilling and hydraulic fracturing (Fracking) in the State of Florida if elected governor. (RESOLUTION NO. 2014-48)
NOTE: If any person, firm, or corporation decides to appeal any decisions made by the above City Commission with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, they will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence, if any, upon which the appeal is to be based. (F.S. 286.0105)
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person with a disability who requires assistance to participate in said meeting may contact the City Clerk's Office at 954-973-6774 at least three (3) days prior to said meeting.